McPherson County Courthouse

Built in 1894, the McPherson County Courthouse is a classic example of 19th Century Richardsonion Romanesque Architecture style. The 105-foot tower houses a clock that was constructed in 1908. Visitors are greeted on the west lawn by a bronze equestrian statue of General James Birdseye McPherson, a Civil War Union officer for whom the city and county is named. The courthouse was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976 and currently serves a primary location for county offices and services.
CivicSend Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow