Floodplain Regulations and Forms

NOTE:  The following form is produced by, and is available from FEMA (www.FEMA .gov).  This is an instruction sheet only but will give you an idea of the regulations that FEMA uses and which the City of McPherson and McPherson County have adopted.  Elevation Certificates are required to be submitted prior to receipt of an Occupancy Certificate for any structure that is built within a regulatory floodplain.  Elevation Certificates are obtained from a Licensed Land Surveyor and they are not valid unless signed by a land surveyor who is licensed within the State of Kansas.