Fire Department

Acting on our DUTY and with a sense of HONOR and COURAGE

Poster design with badge image and mission statement for McPherson Fire Department

About Us


Under the direction of Fire Chief TJ Wyssmann, the McPherson Fire Department provides fire suppression and medical response to the City of McPherson, King City, McPherson Townships and part of the New Gottland Township. This is approximately 90 square miles of coverage that protects more than 14,000 citizens.

The McPherson Fire Department is one of ten fire districts in the county and is staffed with a combination of career firefighters and volunteers. The other nine departments in the county are staffed with highly qualified volunteers. We have mutual aid agreements with these departments, which expands our fire coverage to approximately 900 square miles.

Responsibilities


The McPherson Fire Department is an All Hazards Fire Department, which means our organization is available and prepared for every hazard including trench rescue, hazardous materials, confined space, building collapse, rope rescue, fire extinguishment, swift water and vehicle extraction.

On average the McPherson Fire Department responds to around 725 emergency calls per year. Approximately 11 percent of those calls are fire-related incidents. The remaining 89 percent of calls include, but are not limited to, incidents such as rescue and emergency medical services, vehicle accidents, hazardous conditions, and service calls.

Duty, Honor & Courage


Each year Americans pause to remember the victims who died in the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001. The McPherson Fire Department respects the occasion and pays tribute to firefighters nationwide with a solemn ceremony. Through prayer and reflection citizens are reminded about the important role first responders perform each day. McPherson Fire Department will always portray a sense of duty, honor and courage.

Two uniformed firefighters salute the American flag

CONTACT US

McPherson Fire Department

Physical Address
312 E. Kansas
McPherson, KS 67460

Phone: 620.245.2505
Fax: 620.245.2509
Emergency: 911