CVB Grant Program
The Visitor Attraction Grant is designed to assist local organizers with costs related to planning and executing community events.
Grants are available for one- or multiple-day events designed to attract visitors to the City of McPherson. Grants will be issued on a sliding scale including up to $500 for a one-day event; up to $750 for a two-day event; and up to $1,000 for a three-day event. Grant amounts cannot exceed more than 50 percent of total event costs. Exceptions are contingent upon a recommendation by the McPherson Convention & Visitors Bureau Board of Directors and approval by the McPherson City Commission.
Specifications & Eligibility
The Visitor Attraction Grant is available to any organization or non-profit group in the City of McPherson actively involved in advertising, promoting or marketing McPherson to leisure tourists, visitors or sport tournament participants. Grant applications must meet the following requirements:
1) Submit grant application at least 90 days prior to the scheduled event to the McPherson Convention & Visitors Bureau, 1111 E. Kansas, McPherson, KS 67460 or email@example.com.
2) Provide brief descriptions about the target audience, impact on local economy, marketing strategy and event budget. Events resulting in "overnight stays" will receive priority.
3) Use the phrase "This event is sponsored in part by a grant from the McPherson Convention & Visitors Bureau" on all printed and electronic event advertising.
4) Submit an impact statement and proof of expenditures no later than 60 days after the event. Grant dollars will not be issued until all supporting documents are submitted. Failure to submit documentation may jeopardize opportunity for future grants.
5) Notify the McPherson Convention & Visitors Bureau in writing if approved grant funds will not be used as outlined in the original application. Notification will result in the cancellation of the grant award.
All grant recipients are responsible for any and all liability issues resulting from activities of the event or attraction and will hold the City of McPherson and the McPherson Convention & Visitors Bureau harmless from any liability as a result of granting funds.